New in this Version
ProScan 4.9 has important changes.
- ProDocument Support
This version of ProScan provides direct support for our new ProDocument template. There are new control templates that allow you to scan documents directly to the document manager as well as edit TIFF files stored in the document manager using the ProScan scan manager.
This feature can totally change the paradigm of how ProScan works for you since it will allow you to have an unlimited number of scans associated with a parent record (or just in a list of scans not associated with any parent record).
If you have not yet looked at ProDocument you need to as it can be a real game changer for you!
- Class Based Code - faster compiles
Since ProDocument is already using the new class based versions of the shared PSUtilities class/template set, this version of ProScan has been adapted to use the new classes as well. Version 5.0 of ProScan will be completely class based (instead of using the INCLUDE statements). In addition to making it easier to use ProScan in multi-DLL programs, you applications will also compile faster since Clarion will not regenerate the object code each time you compile.
- Other improvements
There are numerous small improvements and bug fixes under the hood (such as being able to suppress the “Do you want to save?” message in the scan manager every time you exit.
Why version 4.9?
Our original plans were to hold the new versions of ImageEx, ProScan and ProImage until they were code complete. However we listen to our customers and there were so many developers who had purchased ProDocument and wanted to be able to use it with these templates that we decided to do an interim release of each of them.
These releases are available TODAY and they allow you to start using ProDocument NOW. They also provide a nice gentle upgrade process for your existing applications to the new major versions.
Developers who purchase version 4.9 of ProScan
get the version 5.0 update FREE!
Coming in ProScan 5.0
- New Grid Control. Version 5.0 will make use of the new grid control that is a part of ImageEx 6.0. This is an excellent tool for allowing users to navigate through multiple page scans. It can optionally display the page thumbnails in rows and columns instead of .the single column filmstrip currently used.
- New Scan Manager. It will also have a new (optional) improved scan manager that allows you to easily turn on/off features so you can make the interface as simple or complex as you need it to be.
- Optional PDF output. Version 5.0 will have the ability to save scans in PDF format directly from the scan manager.
- New Scan To File Support. It also has new class methods for direct scanning without the scan manager interface.
- New Scanner Support. Version 5.0 now makes it possible to use the “factory interface” (software that comes with the scanner) to initiate a scan (either multi-page or single page). This gives ProScan the ability to work with many scanners that do not respond well to external program control.
- Fully Class Based. The new version will be fully class based (no longer using any INCLUDE statements to pull chunks of code into context). This will make your applications compile faster!
This is just an example of what we are doing with this next major release of ProScan!
Click here to order your upgrade today!